There are two ways to apply the Agricultural Exemption using the HOS247 system.
1. Log in to the App and tap on the circle on the Status Screen to open the Change Status screen.
2. On the Change Status screen select the duty status Personal Use and write "AG Exempt" under notes.
3. Upon exiting the 150 Air-Mile radius, the driver must then identify the movement of the vehicle as Driving.
1. Do NOT log in to the app.
2. Upon exiting the 150 Air-Mile radius, the driver must then identify the movement of the vehicle as Driving and make an annotation on the ELD explaining that the unassigned miles accumulated prior to that point were exempt miles (for example, type "prior miles AG exempt").
What is the Agricultural Exemption?
CMV drivers transporting an "agricultural commodity" or farm supplies during what the state determines to be a planting or harvesting season are exempt from the use of the HOS rules within a 150 Air-Mile radius of the commodities pick-up.