1. Plug the device into the vehicle port with the correct cable, BEFORE turning on the vehicle and BEFORE running the HOS app. Use adapters if needed (6-pin, 16-pin (some heavy-duty Volvo/Mack) and 16-pin OBD2 (light/medium-duty vehicles)). The dual fastener is provided for dash mounting.
2. You should see a slow flashing green LED, indicating that the device is powered. You should also see a flashing red LED, indicating that the internal GPS is in acquisition mode. A solid red LED indicates that the signal is locked, but you can proceed to the next step without waiting for a GPS lock.
3. Turn on the vehicle engine.
4. You should see a fast flashing green LED, indicating that vehicle bus activity has been detected.
5. After the green LED becomes solid, the device is registered on the vehicle bus and now you can run the HOS247 app.
6. From this point the device will have and retain the information it needs, such as VIN, to communicate with the app via Bluetooth Low Energy. Note that for power management reasons, sometimes the LEDs will not stay on.